Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013


My Desperate Mosquito Solution 



Thanks to the world of Pinterest and mommy blogs, there are a ton of life hack suggestions floating around the internet. But how many of these problem solvers really offer a solid solution? In late July, as pesky mosquitoes were attacking my family, I decided to try a remedy I’d read about: dryer sheets. 

Apparently I’m blessed with very special skin or blood or a scent that is overly attractive to any bug that bites; especially mosquitoes.  Sitting outside over the summer, it was hard to enjoy those beautiful summer nights while being swarmed by a bug army. When I couldn’t find bug spray in the house, a little tip popped into my mind. Go grab dryer sheets! Well I have to say that instead of one, I used two dryer sheets in my belt loops.  While the mosquitoes did not completely vanish, they left me alone enough that I could continue enjoying my evening outside.

Moral of the story: If you’re desperate, rock the dryer sheet.  You won’t be sorry. Take that, bugs!


No comments:

Post a Comment