Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Abby Cadabby Part 2: The Wig


I’ve been continuing to work on my daughter’s Abby Cadabby Halloween costume in every spare second I get.  After the tutu, I began working on the wig.



Materials:

Yarn

Tights

Hot Glue Gun

Fabric Glue

Card board

Sewing Machine

Ball (approximately the size of your kids head)

Plastic bag


  1. I started by sticking the tights on my daughter’s head.  I held up the leg potion of them and pulled them off.  I immediately cut where I had had my hand.
 
     What a Ham Bone!!!!


2.     I took it what I cut over to the sewing machine and sewed the top where I cut closed, so it looks like a little beanie.

 

  

3.      Next, I grabbed the yarn and measured earlobe to earlobe over the top of Finn’s head.  Then I cut that piece of yarn.



4.     I took the piece of yarn that I cut and measured up against an old diaper box.  I cut a piece of cardboard from the box to match the length of the yarn.


5.   I took my ball of yarn and wrapped and wrapped it around the cardboard. When I was sure I had enough I cut both ends so all the pieces would be the same length.



6.      I wrapped and wrapped more yarn around the shorter length of the card board for Abby’s bangs.  I made sure that they were longer so I could just trim them back later.







7.     I finally wrapped 2 more piles around the shorter end of the cardboard for Abby’s pigtails,that I will make from large yarn poofs later.

8.     When I was done with all the cutting, it was time to get my good old dodge ball out and pretend it was Finn’s head.  I first wrapped a plastic bag around it so that the wig would not get glued to the ball.  Then, I put the beanie cap on it.  I measure a length of felt that matched the yard from the front to the back of the beanie.







9.      I placed the piece of felt on the table and started gluing the center of the length of yarn onto the felt using my fabric glue.


10.      I then measured a piece of felt onto the beanie for Abby’s bangs and glued the ends of the yarn for the bangs onto that piece.





11.      After waiting for the glue to dry, I wanted to make a part in the wig, so I went back to the sewing machine and sewed a zig zag stitched seam down the middle of the wig.


12. Next, I took the felt strips with the bangs and hot glued it to the wig.

 
13.      Then I took the rest of the wig and hot glued it on to the beanie.  I took all the strands of yarn and glued them in place to make it look like pigtails.

14.  Letting that all dry I began on work on the poofs.  I had wrapped them around the cardboard and then slid them off carefully.  I laid them both down and tired a piece of yarn tightly in the middle of them.  Then, I cut the end making 2 poofballs.





15.      I took the poof balls and glued them to the top of the wig and VOLIA!!!!  The Abby Cadabby Wig is done.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment