Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

3rd and Final Abby Cadabby Tutorial: The Wand





     Finally onto the last part of this costume that my 3 year old is totally psyched over.  Today we are making the all important magic wand.

Materials:
Wooden Dowel
Paint
Glitter 
Spray
Yarn
Scissors
Hot Glue Gun

1.  First, I made the Pom Pom for the top of the wand.  Remember the poofs I made for the wig?  I made the pom pom for the wand the exact same way.  I took a small piece of cardboard and wrapped around a whole bunch of yarn. Then I cut 1 small individual piece of yarn to tie around the  pom pom when I carefully slipped it off the card board.


2.  Once I tied the individual piece of yarn around the bunch of yarn,  I cut both ends.


3.  Once that was finished it was off to the basement to make this wand sparkle, because any good fairy in the Flying Fairy School will tell you that your wand has to sparkle.  I broke out the Krylon glitter spray and gave the pom pom a good spray.


4.  While that dried it was time to paint the stick. We went with purple because that is Finn's favorite color (today anyway).


 
5.  When both the stick and pom pom were dry we finally just hot glued the pom pom to the top of the stick.



6.  Now lets go make some magic!!!!  I'm a little worried.  Finn says she want to turn me into a frog...





No comments:

Post a Comment