Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Last Minute Super Easy Baby Costume!!!!!

    
 
    Truth be told, I didn't make this costume last minute, but it did only take me a matter of an hour.  I decided my little Jack was going to be Elmo as soon as Finn decided she was going to be Abby Cadabby.  I figured I'd get away with dressing them in matching costumes as long as I can while they are little.  You could easily throw this together tonight or tomorrow for your little one to enjoy.




Materials:
A red sweat suit
3 Foam balls (they come in packages of 6 or 8 at Micheal's, it's great to have extra just in case).
A black Sharpie
Orange paint
Fashion tape
Scissors
Something round to trace the eyes onto the balls.  (I just used a paint cap)


1. Use the Sharpie to trace the pupils of the eyes onto the balls, then fill them in.  You might have to go over them a couple of times.







2. Paint the third ball orange.  (I didn't take a photo of this, I trust you got the idea)

3. Place the sweatshirt hood onto something that resembles your child's head.  I returned to my dodge ball I used for the Abby wig.  Then I started judging the placement for the balls.


4.  Cut several pieces of fashion tape in half.  I recommend using at least 2 pieces per ball, that way they will really stick on there well.  If you don't want or need to use the hoodie again, you can hot glue them on.


5.  Look at that!!! Done already!!!  When Halloween is over just pop the eyes and nose off, peel off the tape and you have a great little red sweat suit for your little one.

I'll post some pics of the kiddies all dressed up and ready to go tomorrow night!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. looking forward to the pics... this is adorable!

    ReplyDelete