Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Stuffed Heart

This is a little project making stuffed hearts I did for Valentine's Day.   I am planning on doing the same thing for St. Patrick's day with shamrocks.  You can use these stuffed hearts like I did on a wreath, or use them in a apothecary jar or even add a little ribbon to the top and hang them around your home.


Gather everything you'll need.  
1. felt
2. glue gun
3.  embroidery floss and needle
4. scissors
5. heart template
6.any little things you want to use to decorate them, I used little scrap booking faux chalk signs and buttons
7. Polyfill


1.   Use your heart template and trace your hearts on the felt. Remember, you will need an front and back piece for each heart.  I traced them out on 1 piece of felt,   then piled them up and cut out a bunch at a time.


2. Now it's time to decorate, go crazy, simple and sweet, or glam. 


3.  Next, I used an blanket stitch to sew  the back on with embroidery floss.  (Click here for the full blanket stitch tutorial.)  I left about an inch of the heart open and stuffed it with polyfill.  Then I sewed it closed.  

Here's how they turned out.....  

I pinned mine to a wreath for Valentine's Day.

Check back for felt flower tutorials!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment