Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Post You've Been Waiting For!!!! Crock Pot Gound Beef/Turkey

     How to Cook a Large Amount of Ground Turkey or Beef in the Crock Pot

     Being a working Mom is challenging.  Especially one that doesn't particularly like to cook.  After working all day, the last thing I want to do when I come home is, make a big mess in the kitchen and start cooking dinner for everyone.  This has been a huge help to me and I hope that it will to you.

      Our household are huge fans of ground turkey.  We use it for so so much, tacos, tomato sauce, (my husband favorite) cowboy casserole, chili and more.  I have found that you can make a large amount of ground turkey or beef in the crock pot, then use what you want and freeze the rest for quick meals later. 

     Here's How:
1.  Lightly spray the inside of your crock pot with a little Pam.

2. Add Turkey or beef. 



3. Add a little water.  Set on High if your cooking it from it being frozen or low if it is thawed for 6 hours.

4. Go to Work

5.  When you get home drain the meat in a strainer and dump it back in the crock pot.

6. Turn the pot off and let it cool.

7.  Take out portions to freeze, I put them in zip lock freezer bag and label them with the date.

8.  Then, if I leave any I want to use that night I just put in any seasonings I want and warm it back up in the crock pot.



Easy Peasy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment